I. COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
1. In accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act of Singapore (“PDPA”), we only receive, collect and store any information you voluntarily submit to us. This information includes personally identifiable information (“Personal Information”) such as your including name, email address, phone number, residential/business/delivery address); payment details (including credit card information); comments, feedback, product reviews, recommendations, and personal profile.
2. You are deemed to have provided your consent for us to collect the above information when you submit any information through our website during the following, but not limited to -subscription to our e-newsletter, placing an order through our e-shop, creating an account or sending a query through our Contact Us form. You can send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org to withdraw your consent at any time, in accordance with Clause 17 below. We will maintain your Personal Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
II. USAGE, STORAGE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
4. We collect Personal and Non-Personal Information for the following purposes:
a) To perform obligations in the course of or in connection with our provision of the goods and/or services requested by you;
b) To provide you with ongoing customer assistance and technical support;
c) To respond to, handle, and process queries, requests, applications, complaints, and feedback from you;
d) To manage your relationship with us;
e) To process payment or credit transactions;
f) To send you general or personalized service-related notices, e-newsletters and promotional messages;
g) To comply with any applicable laws, regulations, codes of practice, guidelines, or rules, or to assist in law enforcement and investigations conducted by any governmental and/or regulatory authority;
h) For any other purposes for which you have provided the information;
i) To transmit to any unaffiliated third parties including our third-party service providers and agents, and relevant governmental and/or regulatory authorities, whether in Singapore or abroad, for the aforementioned purposes;
k) For any other incidental business purposes related to or in connection with the above;
l) To create aggregated statistical data and other aggregated and/or inferred Non-personal Information, which we or our business partners may use to provide and improve our respective services; and
m) To comply with any applicable laws and regulations.
n) If you are an Europeans user, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, to countries including, but not limited to, Singapore.
5. Learning Vessels does NOT engage in the business of selling customers’ personal information to third parties. However, we may disclose your Personal Information
where such disclosure is required for performing obligations in the course of or in connection with our provision of the goods or services requested by you; or
to third party service providers, agents and other organisations we have engaged to perform any of the functions listed in clause 4 above for us.
6. Our company is hosted on the Wix.com platform which provides the online platform we use to sell our products and services to you. Your data may be stored through Wix.com’s data storage, databases and the general Wix.com applications. They store your data on secure servers behind a firewall.
7. If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Wix stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After which, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
8. All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers. For more insight, you may also want to read Wix Terms of Service or Privacy Statement.
V. THIRD-PARTY SERVICES
9. Wix has partnered with a number of selected service providers including hosting and server co-location services, communications and content delivery networks, data and cyber security services, billing and payment processing services, domain name registrars, fraud detection and prevention services, web analytics, e-mail distribution and monitoring services, session recording and remote access services, performance measurement and data optimization services, content providers, and legal and financial advisors (collectively, “Third Party Service(s)”).
VII. SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
11. Wix has implemented security measures designed to protect the Personal Information you share with us, including physical, electronic and procedural measures. These include HTTPS secure access; the transmission of sensitive payment information (such as a credit card number) through our designated purchase forms is protected by an industry standard SSL/TLS encrypted connection; and Wix regularly maintains a PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards) certification.
12. However – regardless of the measures and efforts taken by Learning Vessels and Wix, we cannot and do not guarantee the absolute protection and security of your Personal Information.
13. We therefore encourage you to set strong passwords for your account, and avoid providing us with any sensitive information which you believe its disclosure could cause you substantial or irreparable harm.
VIII. ACCESS TO AND CORRECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
14. If you wish to access a copy of your Personal Information or information about the ways in which we use or disclose your Personal Information, or to correct or update any of your Personal Information, you may submit your request in writing via email to email@example.com.
15. Please note that a reasonable fee may be charged for an access request. If so, we will inform you of the fee before processing your request.
16. We will respond to your request within thirty (30) days after receiving your request. Should we not be able to do so, we will inform you of when we can respond to your request within thirty (30) days. If we are unable to act on your request, we shall generally inform you of the reasons why we are unable to do so (except where we are not required to do so under the PDPA).
IX. WITHDRAWING YOUR CONSENT
17. The consent that you provide for the collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Information will remain valid until such time it is being withdrawn by you in writing. Whilst we respect your decision to withdraw your consent, please note that depending on the nature and scope of your request, we may not be in a position to continue providing our goods or services to you. Should you still decide to withdraw consent and want us to stop using and/or disclosing your personal data for any or all of the purposes listed above, please submit your request in writing via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
18. Upon receipt of your written request to withdraw your consent, we may require reasonable time for your request to be processed and for us to notify you of the consequences of us acceding to the same, including any legal consequences which may affect your rights and liabilities to us. We aim to process your request within ten (10) business days of receiving it.
19. Note that withdrawing consent does not affect our right to continue to collect, use and disclose Personal Information where such collection, use and disclose without consent is permitted or required under applicable laws.
to improve your experience when navigating and using our website
to remember/store your preferences;
to help us improve our website performance;
to monitor traffic to our website;
to enable our website to function properly.
22. Personal Information (if any) that we collect from you through cookies may be passed to our third-party service providers, whether located in Singapore or elsewhere, for one or more of the Purposes, for managing and/or administering our website(s), or for the purpose of data hosting/storage/backup.
23. As our company is hosted on the Wix.com platform, please visit Wix’s Cookies Page for more information regarding cookies.
XI. AGE OF CONSENT
25. By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your country of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your country of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
26. Learning Vessels may amend this policy, with or without notice, from time to time to ensure that it is relevant to legal or regulatory regulations. Changes and clarifications will take effect immediately upon their posting on the website.
XIII. CONTACT US
27. For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com.